Scope of Duties:
Work on new line of WA State Ferries.
• Provide Independent Cost Estimates for Contract Amendments (adding scope).
• Provide cost estimation for routine change order proposals (within the general scope of the Contract).
• Become part of the project administration team.
• Perform a cost or price analysis to ensure price proposals are reasonable.
• Review drawings, specifications and other data to gain a thorough and prior knowledge of the change proposals.
• Provide Direct and Indirect cost analysis in an auditable format.
• Overall understanding of how to build and do take-offs.
• Ability to resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, and time sensitive projects.
• Proactive approach and proven ability to communicate with a multi-disciplined project team including (design, construction, maintenance, and operations personnel) as necessary to provide quality, accurate and timely submission.
• Analyzes plans, specifications, schedules, construction change orders, RFIs, proposals, and other technical project documentation.
• Prepare and review multi-discipline project estimates for heavy civil/marine and architectural based construction projects.
• The type of work involved includes public transportation infrastructure in a marine environment, passenger terminal building construction, including steel and concrete bridge structures, foundation piles, and utility construction for both DOT and public utility.
• Strong working knowledge of building materials including materials and construction methods/practices used in a marine transportation construction environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project is required.
• Performs site visits and investigations as required.
• Experience: 3 years minimum of cost estimating (required);
marine construction industry: 1 year minimum (required).
• Ability to present summary data in a concise format that can be easily read and interpreted by a variety of staff.
Duration: 24 months +
Location: Downtown Seattle