Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- With members of the administrative support team, help greet and direct visitors, answer phone calls, and respond to email and voice mail messages sent to Human Resources.
- Act as the back-up receptionist.
- Coordinate Employee Service Awards program, including communicating with department liaisons, ordering and distributing signed certificates, scheduling quarterly presentations with Executive Office staff, and maintaining accurate records.
- Compose, draft, proofread and edit documents and report and/or correspondence as instructed.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with weekly New Employee Orientation packet assembly, and employee application administration.
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with civil service and other recruitments, including greeting applicants and directing applicants in HR, to testing or interview rooms, serving as an exam proctor.
- Serve as back up to HR Finance Team during absences or work load peaks (i.e., make health benefits payments, enter purchase requisitions, receive invoices in Orable EBS, process payroll)
- Create HR employee travel and training request documents for departments approval and ensure compliance with county travel requirements and restrictions.
- Reconcile purchasing and travel card purchases in Oracle EBI. Maintain accurate electronic and paper records according to state records retention schedules.
- Serve as delegate to enter travel, mileage and miscellaneous employee reimbursement requests in Oracle EBIS iExpense on behalf of HR employees.
- Assist the HR Director's Office and administrative team in managing paper and electronic records based on HR records file plan. Send and receive inactive records for storage.
- Assist HR Public records Officer with records searches and responses to Public Records Act requests. Assis t with maintaining accurate electronic and paper records according to state records retention schedules.
- Provide general office administrative support including formatting and finalizing documents, prepare docuemtns and electronic files for presentation, assist with mailings, open, route and distribute mail.
- Maintain the HR online employee directory.
- Assist with meeting scheduling and logistics.
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs. to move boxes or replenish office supplies.
- At least three years of general office experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to required to perform the work.
- Excellent customer service skills, both in person and via telephone
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills
- Experience and comfort with the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and mathematics
- High level of attention to detail and in handling confidential data
Experience with Visio
Experience with Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft HCM desirable.
Duration: 3-6 months
Location: Downtown Seattle
Pay range: $21.54 - $23.68 per hour