Come join one of the premiere non-profit organizations in the Northwest that helps increase business opportunities between major buying organizations and minority-owned businesses.
This is a small very efficient team and the company prizes the development of the individual. Great place to start a career or grow.
- The Administrative Assistant is principally responsible for the support of internal and external operational functions including (but not limited to: Mail handling &; preparing materials for mailing or mass distribution,
- Preparing and distributing correspondence, reports, memorandums and other documents for the Council staff,
- Screening some e-mails and other communications; researching answers and providing information to persons who do not require the attention of the Council president, Manager of MBE and Corporate Services and/or Manager of Operations,
- Maintaining administrative files and other records for the Council as required,
- Developing and maintaining efficient procedure for tracking pending matters and activities while in progress to assure effective follow-up,
- Providing response and information, when known and available to other Council presidents on behalf of Council president, and other staff members,
- Assisting in special projects and activities,
- Support & Participate in Program, Certification Workshops/Training, etc., as requested and required by the Council president and Manager of Operations,
- Assisting in the preparation of professional presentations to management, governance bodies and others as designated by the Council president, and/or Manager of Operations,
- Professionally communicating by telephone, e-mail, as needed and required, Scheduling and arranging meetings as requested,
- Any other duties as requested and/or required by the Council president, and/or Manager of Operations.
- Five or more years administrative or executive assistant experience. Familiarity with non-profits a plus. Intermediate to advanced computer skills: Word, Excel, Quickbooks, Internet. Excellent organizational skills, ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines while performing multiple tasks.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skill required, capacity to work with diverse constituencies. Reports to the Manager of Operations or other position as directed by the President and CEO.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science (B.A. or B.S.) degree in management, business, operations or related fields that require project management skills from an accredited four-year college or university, or relevant experience in management or operations.
Ability to supervise a student intern as required.
40 hours per week ( Permanent position)
- 80% coverage of health insurance including dental & vision, 1st of the month after 60 days of employment
- 80 hours of vacation accrued every year
- 9 paid Holidays
- 1 Comp day quarterly
- 3% of salary towards 401(k) retirement plan after 1 year of employment
Employee Development is the key to the client's success and they sponsor 40 hours a year for Employee Development. A sample of past employee development efforts include Project Management, Time Management Training, Achieving Excellent Cultures Workshop and lots more.
Pay: $17 per hour