• Serve as the Human Resources Department front desk contact, which includes answering multi-line telephone, greeting in-person visitors, distributing mail and giving information to citizens and job applicants, and answering employees'general HR and benefit questions
• Assist with city-wide recruitment and on-boarding processes (i.e. advertising, interview packet preparation, escorting candidates, proctoring tests, prepare new hire packets.)
• Provide administrative support for labor relations including redlining contracts
• Plan and prepare of HR sponsored meetings and events
• Coordinate the tuition reimbursement program and assist with employee training enrollment and tracking
• Provide general office support (i.e. typing correspondence, agendas, meeting minutes and creating spreadsheets, prepare and distribute periodic reports, process purchase orders, maintain filing and records management, etc.)
• Back-up for entering and maintaining employee data in the HR/Payroll information system
• Maintain the confidentiality of all personnel records, payroll records, personnel related correspondence and conversations
• Best practices relating to excellent customer service.
• Office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Business correspondence standards including English, grammar, formatting, spelling and punctuation
• Operate a personal computer and related software (Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Verbal and written communication
• Answering multi-line telephone
• Communicate effectively and tactfully with employees, the public and other organizations
• Maintain confidentiality and deal discreetly with sensitive personnel matters
• Be flexible and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Exercise considerable judgment and initiative
• Be detail oriented and work with constant interruptions
• Understand and follow broad and complex instruction
• Work independently and cooperatively with others
• Learn new computer programs as necessary
• Prioritize and appropriately schedule assignments or tasks to meet established deadlines
Education & Experience
• Equivalent of High School diploma or G.E.D
• Equivalent of 2 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience which includes over the phone and in-person customer service, and data entry experience.
• Experience working in an HR office with knowledge of recruitment and selection, and/or HRIS software experience preferred.
Work is predominately performed indoors in an office environment. Work requires
movement to other locations for meetings and may be required to attend evening
meetings. May require occasional lifting not to exceed 30 pounds.
Duration: 2-4 months