This position is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, supporting, and reporting on server and network environment to ensure that services are available to all users while pursuing an uptime of 99.99+%.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Detects error/problematic messages that signal malfunction in server and/or network by monitoring display screen, checking alert emails, and communicating with 3rd vendors or business partners.
- DNS support such as Initial setting, Update, Backup, Deletion, and Restoring.
- Log extraction to support System Engineer/Advanced System Engineer for trouble shootings.
- Network support such as IP block on Firewall/Server and connectivity test using commands like ping, tracert, lookup, latency and so on.
- Makes a requested report for customers/business partners.
- HW replacement such as HDD, RAM, RAID Battery, NIC and so on.
- Responds system errors within designated way.
- Storage setup as server operation including Volume expansion/deletion.
- Physical server setup including Mounting and cabling.
- Network gear mounting for Switch, Router, and Firewall.
- Condition check of Data center.
- Makes announcements for maintenance for internal/external users
- Uses CLI (Command Line Interface) to accomplish tasks.
- Troubleshoots and assists customers to perform any remediation steps necessary when problems are realized. (e.g. Troubleshooting for email environment by using IMAP repair tool and Service/Server restart.)
- Updates documentation to record new equipment installed and changes made to computer configurations.
- Performs scheduled maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year-college or technical school; one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Less education and experience are acceptable if having the strong passion to learn and work with us.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with text editing, preferably Vi
- Ability to resolve any issue with limited time and resources
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to make good communications with other Departments
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients and customers.
Writing and verbal communication skills in Business level Japanese are preferred but not required.
The employee may have to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
Candidate must be able to work Day, Swing, or Graveyard shift. Also, holidays and weekends as scheduled.
Duration: 4 Months (Temporary to Permanent) Client has Great Benefits!
Rate: $17-$23 per hour