This position will work with various funding sources including grants.
Business & Finance Officer IV
* Serves as an internal controls technical expert, monitoring compliance and assisting with implementation of process improvements.
* Monitor and assist in department guidance for grants, contracts, and specialized funding streams. Expert level understanding of grants, contracts and associated financial requirements.
* Subrecipient/subcontractor oversight and management assistance.
* Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports. Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations. High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills. Sound independent judgement.
* Understanding of accounting transactions including payment of complex invoices; recording revenue transactions; preparing interfund transfers to/from other agencies within client; and preparing documentation and audit trails for all recorded transactions.
* Field inquiries regarding monthly payment and billing transactions.
* Ensure data integrity across multiple interfacing systems. Reconciles all data discrepancies, identifies the factors of the discrepancies and works with supervisor to make the necessary corrections.
* Reconcile County financial systems with internal financial systems across multiple fund sources.
* Provide integrated reporting for programs and funding including current year/biennium information as well as historical analysis.
* Work collaboratively with program managers to learn their programs and provide the most useful reporting and analytic tools.
* Extract, organize, and review financial records, data and reports from the Oracle Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) and other internal systems to ensure the accuracy of revenues and expenditures.
* Collaborate to assist with interpretation and implementation of funding requirements.
* Assist with department-wide financial management as needed.
* Ability to understand and comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and internal procedures for protected health information.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
* Knowledge of budgeting, finance, managerial and financial accounting.
* Experience working with federal and state grants.
* Five plus years of comprehensive accounting experience.
* Self-motivated individual.
* Experience working with automated financial management systems.
* Advanced knowledge of financial information systems.
* Knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills utilizing functions such as pivot tables, VLOOKUP, if-then functions, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/or equivalent education and experience.
* Experience with Oracle/EBS, Hyperion and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting systems.
* Knowledge of governmental accounting and finance.
Duration: Up to 6 months
Location: Remote (Seattle)
Pay: $45.64 per hour