Examples of Duties (May vary by position)
1. Oversee and/or coordinate the processing of information for assigned work unit, section,
division or department.
2. Draft correspondence and reports for assigned work.
3. Research and analyze specific assignments and prepare written reports of research findings as
directed by supervisory and management staff.
4. Monitor and review budget expenditures and participate in the preparation of unit, section,
division or department budget.
5. Participate in planning and organizing meetings, workshops and other related training.
6. Coordinate the preparation of agendas, meeting notices and related information for internal and
external committees and task forces.
7. Plan, coordinate and implement specialized human resources/staffing assignments as directed
by supervisory and management staff.
8. Act as the liaison with internal and external sources on human resources and financial policies,
procedures and functions.
9. Act as facilitator for assigned committees and task forces.
10. Develop, plan and/or implement filing/record keeping systems for assigned work unit.
11. Provide work direction and/or assignments to staff.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills (May vary by position)
Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software
Basic knowledge of budgeting techniques and principles
Knowledge of office management techniques and principles
Planning and organizational skills
Oral and written communications skills
Skill in working with diverse populations
3 to 5 years of Administrative Support to a Department.
Location: Downtown Seattle and South Seattle
Duration: Up to 6 months