Fiscal Specialist III / Accountant Job Description:
This position is responsible for various financial processes and activities- including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipting, fund accounting, and preparing financial data and reports in accordance with Washington State policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare and process accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Post monthly, quarterly, and yearly accruals.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of capital assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Monitor department budgets and expenditures, prepare budget reports and work with management to ensure expenditures are encumbered correctly.
- Enter purchase orders into accounts payable system; run necessary reports and reconcile purchase orders.
- Assist with fiscal year end closing.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Process travel advances and employee reimbursements.
- Respond to and resolve customer service inquires that require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and expertise in assigned area.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Location: Kent, WA
Duration: up to 6+ months hours
Pay: $30.40 per hour