Senior Software Engineer
This position designs, develops and maintains new and existing web-based software to meets the needs of clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Communicates with the sales department, researches and designs web programming specifications for customers.
- Provides project estimates to the Applications Team Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Provides specifications to managers, solicits feedback, and troubleshoots issues as needed.
- Writes clean, maintainable, high quality code
- Tests own code - not just unit testing, but E2E as well. Does not rely on QA teams to maintain quality.
- Understanding of OOP
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist Front-end Developers and Designers with coding and troubleshooting
- Assists Server Team in providing spec on server requirements for both new applications and upgrades to existing software.
- Configures and manages web servers and databases (Apache, PHP, MySQL and more) on CentOS servers
- Ensures all systems on servers meet the intended business requirements
- Develops with a strong focus on high level software security
- Documents server information, installation procedures and configurations
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) from four year college or university; five or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Interested and willing to work closely with Designers and Front-end Developers to create quality UI/UX for client and in-house applications
- Can explain technical concepts to people from a non-technical background
- Familiar with Linux
- Familiar with SQL
- Working knowledge of any flavor of RDBMS such as MySQL, SQL Server, Postgresql
- Has experience working with source code management such as Git or SVN
- Able to build web applications with a focus on security, stability, and scalability
- Can think outside-of-the-box to find simple solutions to complex problems in order to build software for business level users.
- Extremely comfortable creating accurate estimates quickly and comfortably
- Capable of reviewing the code of more junior developers to offer valuable feedback
- Comfortable reviewing, learning and developing on legacy platforms as needed.
- Expert level communicator and multitasker
Candidate must be available to work onsite in either our Bellevue, WA or San Diego, CA offices.
40 hours a week
Shift: 9 AM to 6 PM
Pay: $27-$40 per hour (Depends on interview results).
Client has great benefits