This position is responsible for the development of complex web applications. Bridging the gap between design and development, the Front-End Developer can take wireframes and/or pixel-perfect mockups and convert them to living, breathing web applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Plans, develops, tests, edits, maintains, and documents the flow of web pages and websites.
- Create and maintain project milestones on long-term projects
- Communicates with the sales department to determine customer needs and goals.
- Creates specifications and estimates of the project and reports to the sales department.
- Analyze business requirements and write technical documentation such as blueprints and product specification based on those needs.
- Troubleshoots any issues on web applications on all major web browsers, must be a logical thinker and a natural problem solver.
- Develops all projects with a strong foundation on the latest web standards.
- Codes websites with a mobile-first approach and responsive web design principles. Can code responsive websites using a framework and from scratch.
- Creates deployment procedures and deploys websites to the servers at Client's site or delivers the pages to the customer.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, coding, and corrections.
- Able to make technology recommendations and suggestions to design and develop scalable solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of UI/UX principles and what it takes to build an engaging web experience for users.
- Knowledge of Photoshop for the purpose of turning pixel perfect mockups into robust and interactive web applications
- Understands cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Knowledge of PHP, and PHP-based frameworks such as cakePHP are desired but not required
- Ability to hand-code without use of third party applications such as Dreamweaver.
- Strong knowledge of FTP
- Proficient knowledge and implementation of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN
- Experience with the CSS Preprocessor Sass
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment.
- Fluency in Japanese is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a college or university, or equivalent from a certified technical college; two years of professional web development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Duration: 4 months temp to permanent (Client's intent is to convert to permanent if all goes well)
Pay: $17 to $20 per hour (depends on interview results)