Will be performing subrecipient monitoring (similar to auditing) of non-profit organizations that client funds.
Perform financianl and compliance risk assessment analysis for the department's
subrecipient agencies, which under the Deparment of Compliance Manager, includes analyzing a variety of financial records, reports,statements, and communicating the resultsto both financial and non-financial staff.
Peform fiscal subrecipient monitoring site visits on behalf of the Department to ensure fiscal compliance with grant/contract requirements, all applicable federal, state, and county regulations, and accounting and financial reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and County financial management standards.
Prepare status reports of current year subrecipient monitoring site visits, and maintain and evaluate trends in agency compliance.
Perform detailed review of other department financial and programmatic staff workpapers related to subrecipient monitoring.
Provide ongoing feedback and training to fiscal and programmatic staff related to subrecipient monitoring and departmental methodology under the guidance of the Department Compliance Manger.
Provide technical assistance to subrecipient agencies for financial related matters under the guidance of the Deparment Compliance Manager.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
* Knowledge of budgeting, finance, managerial and financial accounting.
* Experience working with federal and state grants.
* Five plus years of comprehensive accounting experience.
* Self-motivated individual.
* Experience working with automated financial management systems.
* Advanced knowledge of financial information systems.
* Knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills utilizing functions such as pivot tables, VLOOKUP, if-then functions, etc.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/or equivalent education and experience.
* Experience with Oracle/EBS, Hyperion and Oracle Business Intelligence reporting systems.
* Knowledge of governmental accounting and finance.
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote position)
Pay: $39.70 per hour