This exciting opportunity to participate on a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment offering healthcare services to a socially vulnerable population.
Selected candidates will be assigned to the COVID-19 surveillance testing team focused on offering testing to all incarcerated individuals on a weekly basis at the Seattle and Kent King County Correctional Facilities. This highly adaptable and flexible team comprised of two Administrative Specialist II’s and Certified Nurse Assistants or Medical Assistants will provide the stability to continue weekly surveillance testing into the foreseeable future. These Administrative Specialist II positions provide critical administrative support, organization, and innovation to keep the team operating at peak performance.
- Prepare materials for testing activities including printing labels and patient lists.
- Track COVID-19 test results and support patient flow through the testing process, ensuring all tests are accurately accounted for.
- Participate in ongoing improvements to COVID-19 surveillance testing and contribute
- ideas to make the processes easier on staff and/or more value-added for patients.
- Set up and put away equipment (tables, chairs, etc.), supplies, and materials required for mass testing within King County correctional facilities.
- Communicate regularly with the surveillance team support nurse around electronic health record testing order entries required and adjustments needed.
- Organize supplies, test results, testing materials, and maintain testing supply inventory.
- Label COVID-19 test specimens and materials.
- Assist the Certified Nursing Assistants in reading and recording COVID-19 test results.
- Communicate information around the status and outcomes of testing efforts to medical staff, corrections staff, program leads and management.
- Compile and organize information for distribution and record-keeping.
- Provide other administrative support throughout the facilities as needed, such as administrative support in the clinic, phone support, mail support, and supply distribution.
- Ability to push, pull or move items between 20-50 pounds, with or without accommodations.
- Wear mask with respirator
- Ability to walk to various locations in a large building and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software to complete assigned clerical tasks and accurate data entry.
- High level of organization and time management.
- Experience working with high risk populations.
- Experience with Epic electronic health record system.
- Bilingual and/or bicultural
Duration: 5 to 6 months
Pay: $22.40 per hour
Monday - Friday
Shift: 6am - 2:30pm
Location: Seattle and Kent (Alternate weekly- once in awhile mid shift transfer between work sites but mostly at one site per week)